Founded by social/organizational psychologist, entrepreneur, and investor Louis Carter in 2001, Best Practice Institute is an award-winning leadership development center, think tank, product development incubator, solutions provider, peer network, research institute and online learning portal with more than 10,000 corporate and individual learning members around the world. BPI's entire subscriber base includes over 42,000 managers, coaches, directors VP's, SVP's, and C-level's of branded, "household-name" Fortune 500/Global 1000 organizations worldwide. BPI corporate and individual members are located in about two dozen countries on five continents, including executives and employees the majority of Fortune/Global 1000 organizations.BPI's faculty includes over 200 experts and world-renown thought leaders. Typically, BPI faculty members teach as professors or Chairs of Departments at Ivy League Schools and/or have contributed a wide-body of original research, innovative publications and practice to the field of management and leadership. The organization reaches more than 500,000 HR leaders, and management professionals around the world each month.
BPI and its founder Louis Carter have won top HR awards such as the Trailblazer Award by Elearning! Magazine, Top HR Products of the Year by HR Tech Conference, Leadership Excellence magazine’s “Best in Leadership Development” ranking since 2011.
BPI Senior Executive Board Members hold annual meetings at organizations such as US Army War College, United Nations, The Pentagon, New York Stock Exchange, among other major International agencies. BPI is ranked as one of the top ten "Best in Leadership Development" by Leadership Excellence Magazine and develops research and other products on its Senior Executive Board's areas of demand. BPI's most recent product incubation is skillrater.com, a 360-degree feedback tool built on a social platform.
BPI produces The Top CEO Award along with Top Best Practices Awards for exceptional leadership, talent and management programs yearly.
For several years, BPI has offered its subscribers an abundance of resources. Now those resources have been expanded into a new custom social networking, learning, and media site offered here on its main website.
Develop your company and teams. Social learning. Social Performance Management with BPI's skillrater product. Online Learning. In-person clinics. Discussion groups. Transfer of learning evaluations to show you you are using it on-the-job.
Ask critical questions. Get answers from your peers and over 350 experts. Chat online. Track your employee’s performance with our patented Cloud, SAAS-based Anytime 360-degree feedback tool on a social collaboration platform, Skillrater.
Validate your work. Create your own best practice case study. Add a wiki term. Write your original ideas in a blog. Get noticed by others.
Member resources on Best Practice Institute include:
- • Fast Cycle Learning Circles: Short bursts of cutting-edge information followed by intense discussion in an hour or less. Learning Circles also become springboards for follow-up discussion threads, as BPI members help each other apply the information to their real-world workplace challenges.
- • Social Performance Management: BPI's Skillrater: Anytime 360-degree feedback on a social networking platform built to provide rapid, results-oriented, positive feedback that promotes collaboration and change. Ask for your invitation to get a demo of skillrater today.
- • Ask-It Benchmarking Sessions: For many years, BPI’s premium members have enjoyed sharpening each other with thoughtful questions and practical answers, which often took the form of extremely long email threads. Those discussions are now taking place on “Ask-It,” BPI’s benchmarking tool of the future.
Members pose their benchmarking questions and fellow members weigh in. Ask-It threads are preserved online, are searchable and include attachments members upload. Detailed member profiles make it easy to evaluate each commenter’s credentials, and participants rate each other’s comments
- • Benchmarking Groups: BPI offers social learning groups based on core skill and practice areas where members may interact, network, and share their successes and learning from their past or present experiences with best and next practices.
- • Social Media and Networking: BPI members connect, interact, chat, share critical information for decision making, and post answers and success cases with each other for purposes of making more informed decisions or personal/organizational branding and marketing.
- • Member-generated Case Studies: Members are invited to share their success stories with each other. Who has the time to write a case study? BPIworld makes it easy with a simple case study form that leads the contributor through a few short questions that take just a minutes answer, resulting in an invaluable archive of practical information for BPIworld members.
- • Online Learning (webinars): More than 350 learning sessions are available on-demand. The sessions are led by BPI faculty members and guest presenters, who are world-famous thought leaders and Fortune 500 executives. All learning sessions are free of sponsorships and advertising.
- • BPI Resource Library: In addition to the hundreds of webinars, BPIworld has a vast library of additional online materials, including articles, books, research, case studies and videos.
- • Access to the experts: BPI members interact with each other and the experts in lively online discussions and benchmarking sessions. Premium members gain access through chat and email with the organization’s roster of more than 200 experts, to obtain their counsel on real-time, real-world situations.
- • Certification and accreditation: BPI offers certification in many areas of expertise. HR Certification Institute credits toward PHR, SPHR or GPHR certification are available for BPI’s live and on-demand sessions.
- • Awards: BPI offers CEO, Thought Leader, and Executive/Practitioner awards, along with press release writing, PR Newswire distribution, and distribution to syndication and content partners in the leadership and management industry.