Thank you for your patience while we take care of your request!
Presenter: Jennifer Brown, President & CEO
To give their fullest contribution, employees must feel they can bring their full selves to work; however research shows many do not feel comfortable doing so. They are spending valuable energy every day minimizing or managing aspects of their own diversity * of identity, background, experience * in order to succeed. This takes a particular toll on diverse talent * women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities * at a time when organizations are struggling to recruit, retain, and develop those same individuals. But all of us, and the business pay the price. Especially in today’s shifting landscape, we need to think more broadly about the very definitions of diversity which will resonate most with current and future talent. Jennifer Brown, author of Inclusion: Diversity, the New Workplace & the Will to Change (2016) will address the valuable opportunities we have to build more inclusive workplace environments where all kinds of talent feel welcome.
What Will You Learn:
* The shifting definitions of diversity and inclusion in the workplace today
* The Iceberg Model: where we set our own waterline, and why
* The role and pervasiveness of "covering" in today's workplace
* The business case for Diversity and Inclusion
* Welcomed, Valued, Respected, and Heard℠ : A new model for Inclusion
* What leading companies are doing to build more inclusive workplace cultures for the future
* The Ally Continuum, including more about how executives can model inclusive behaviors and what allies can do to support under-represented or lesser-understood communities in the workplace